In this post, we’ll show you how to link Google Ads to Google Analytics. If you have implemented Google Analytics on your website and are also running Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords), you can link the two together. This will enable you to track your Google Ads search results along with your organic search results right in Google Analytics. It will also allow you to track additional analytics data and analytics goals in your Google Ads account.
How to Link Google Ads to Google Analytics Step-by-step
- Log into Google Analytics with a Google account that has access privileges to both the Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts that you wish to link together.
- Select the Google Analytics account and view that you would like to link with Google Ads.
- Click on the gear icon Admin menu item at the bottom left of the Google Analytics screen.
- On the Google Analytics Admin screen, in the Property column, click on the Google Ads Linking item.
- Then select the Google Ads account that you would like to link to this Google Analytics account.
- Next set the link configuration. Give the Link group a title and turn on the link for the desired analytics view. In this case we are using the default view of All Web Site Data.
- Next click the Link Accounts button and Google will link the Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts. The linked data should then become available in your accounts, but it may take up to 48 hours.
For more information, see the following Google Analytics help article: Link/unlink Google Ads and Analytics.
Leave a Reply