About the Sensei and Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack
The Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack is a high resolution realistic looking Minecraft Resource Pack with a medieval martial arts influence. The Sensei and Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack makes use of the MCPatcher mod for custom CTM connected textures for seamless glass and full alpha transparency for glass, water and fire. We even created our own custom Filter Forge filters from scratch to generate the more complex animated textures for fire, lava and water: DLI_FireFlow, DLI_LavaFlow, and DLI_WaterFlow. The Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack is also compatible with the Optifine mod which has similar features.
This new Sensei & Son HD 128 1.8 version 2 of the texture pack is optimized for Minecraft 1.8+. It includes textures for all the blocks and items as well as all the new banners for Minecraft 1.8.9. It works in later versions of Minecraft as well but will lack textures for blocks and items introduced after Minecraft 1.8. If there is enough interest in the texture pack we will extend it to cover newer versions of Minecraft as well as other areas of the game that are modifiable in Minecraft Resource Packs such as texturing the mobs (mobile creatures like villagers, animals, monsters, etc.), creating new custom models, redesigning the graphical user interface (GUI), customizing sounds, etc.
For more information about the genesis of this texture pack check out my recent blog post: Teaching Teens 3D Graphics with Video Games Like Minecraft. If you like the texture pack please let us know on the Sensei & Son Minecraft discussion forum or by leaving a comment below.
Screenshot Gallery for Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack
GLSL Shader Mods with Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack
Here’s a short walk-through / fly-by video that my son MJ (Minecraft avatar guigee) put together showing the Sensei and Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack being used with Optifine and a GLSL shader mod, Sildur’s shader pack. He walks-through and flies-by some of the areas we’ve developed on our online Minecraft server during the process of creating and testing all the various textures. My Minecraft avatar SenseiMS even makes a cameo appearance in the video. Because the texture pack is optimized for MCPatcher, for best results use GLSL Shader Mod with MCPatcher using the following instructions for installing GLSL shaders and MCPatcher.
This video is available in HD720p, so if you have a fast Internet connection you may click on the gear icon and change the quality to 720p for the best view.
Independent Showcase Review of Our
Sensei & Son HD128 Texture Pack
Check out this awesome and humorous independent showcase review of our Sensei & Son HD128 Texture Pack. LOL!
Please use the following official link to download the most current version of the Sensei & Son texture pack. Please do not download it from any other source because other download links or sources may be out of date or may have even been tampered with. Using the following official link, and/or making a small donation, helps offset the many hours of work that went into this project and may provide an incentive for us to make updates or expansions to the resource pack in the future. Thank you!
MD5 Hash: E5935D232E4DBB5D6C22D4677073D0DF (Verify here)
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Michael Scaramozzino and DreamLight Incorporated make no warranties express or implied.
Resource pack installation is easy.
- Download the resource pack zip file from the link above. There’s no need to unzip the downloaded file.
- Launch Minecraft and click the Options… button.
- Next click the Resource Packs… button.
- Then click the Open resource pack folder button.
- Drag the downloaded Sensei_and_Son_HD128_1.7.10.zip file to the open resourcepacks folder.
- Close the resourcepacks folder and click the Done button.
- Click the Resource Packs… button again so Minecraft will recognize the newly installed resource pack.
- Click the icon for the Sensei_and_Son_HD128_1.7.10… resource pack listed in the left list of Available Resource Packs to move it to the right list of Selected Resource Packs.
- Click the Done button and Minecraft will load the resource pack.
- If you wish to get the full benefit of the resource pack then install MCPatcher and/or GLSL Shaders with the following instructions.
While plain vanilla Minecraft or Optifine and any GLSL shaders may be used, the Sensei and Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack is optimized for use with MCPatcher which provides additional functionality. Plain vanilla Minecraft and Optifine don’t have support for multiple render-passes which are available with MCPatcher’s Better Glass mod or full CTM connected texture mod support. If using Optifine, glass blocks will appear opaque and won’t connect into seamless panes. Pane glass will connect seamlessly but will appear totally transparent other than the frame. With MCPatcher glass blocks will seamlessly connect, they will be semi-translucent and pane glass will also appear semi-transparent between the seamless frames as well as in the wooden and iron doors. Fire, smoke and water will also appear translucent while fully animated. While GLSL shaders are most often used with Optifine, they may also be used with MCPatcher instead. In that case all the features of the Sensei and Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack will be available even when using optional GLSL shader packs.
While not required, the Sensei and Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack is optimized for use with MCPatcher. So to take full advantage of the texture pack install MCPatcher. You may also install GLSL Shader Mod and GLSL Shader Packs for the most advanced Minecraft rendering possible. MCPatcher may be used on Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or higher. The GLSL Shader Mods may be used on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or higher.
Installing MCPatcher with optional GLSL Shaders Mod & Shader Packs
The following installation instructions are for the Minecraft Launcher 1.6.48 with Minecraft 1.7.10 on Mac OS X but should also work on Windows (using the Windows installers). Specific older versions of MCPatcher and Forge are needed because the newer inheritance based jar handling wasn’t compatible with the current MCPatcher and Forge that I tested at the time of this writing. Future versions of MCPatcher and Forge should be compatible with future versions of Minecraft at some point. Until then, these instructions should help get you up and running for Minecraft 1.7.10.
1) Install Minecraft Forge for optional GLSL Shaders
If you wish to install the GLSL Shader Mod and Shader Packs, then first install Minecraft Forge as follows. If you don’t wish to install any GLSL shaders then skip ahead to the MCPatcher instructions instead.
- Download the older Forge version 126.96.36.1991 installer from the All Downloads tab on the Forge 1.7.10 Download Page.
(This was the last version of Forge for Minecraft 1.7.10 that creates a standalone jar file in the profile folder, which MCPatcher needs. Newer versions rely on the installer’s newer jar inheritance, which didn’t work in MCPatcher and didn’t appear in the Game Version pop-up menu at the time of this writing.)
- Make sure Minecraft and the Minecraft Launcher are not running and run the Forge installer. It will install Forge and create a new Forge profile for the Minecraft Launcher.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher and select the newly created Forge profile, then click the Play button to confirm that Forge has been installed and runs OK.
2) Install MCPatcher for optional advanced features of texture pack
In order to take advantage of all the features of the Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack install the optional MCPatcher. The texture pack will work in vanilla Minecraft, but some advanced features will be missing such as transparent animated fire/smoke, connected textures and translucent glass in the glass blocks, glass panes, wooden doors and iron doors.
- Download the older MCPatcher version 4.3.2_03 from the MCPatcher Download Page.
- Make sure Minecraft and the Minecraft Launcher are not running and run the MCPatcher installer.
- If you’ll be using GLSL Shaders then select 1.7.10-Forge10.13.2.1291, or if not just select 1.7.10, from the Game version pop-up menu.
- If you wish to have the sides of grass blocks on grass hills use the grass texture rather than the grass/dirt texture, then click the Options tab and in the Connected Textures section turn on the checkmark for Grass block sides (Better Grass). Then return to the Mods tab.
- Click the Patch button and MCPatcher will patch Minecraft and create a new MCPatcher profile for the Minecraft Launcher.
- Run Minecraft Launcher and select the newely created MCPatcher profile and click the Edit Profile button.
- In the Java Settings (Advanced) section at the bottom add “-Xmx2G” without quotes, followed by a space, at the very beginning just before “-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true” in the JVM Arguments text field.
(This is to give enough RAM, 2GB, to Minecraft when it launches. If you don’t have 2GB of free RAM available you could try 1GB instead. If there isn’t enough RAM available to run Minecraft with MCPatcher and Forge then it will crash when you launch Minecraft.)
- Click the Save Profile button to close the profile editor and then click the Play button to launch Minecraft to verify that it runs OK. If you’ve installed the resource pack, Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack, you can tell if MCPatcher is working correctly by placing some glass blocks or panes in a row side-by-side. If MCPatcher is installed properly the plain glass blocks or panes will connect together seamlessly into one glass panel with a rectangular frame around it and translucent glass in the frame, as seen in the Glass/Wool sample screenshot, rather than as individual square frames next to each other, the way the stained glass squares look with or without MCPatcher.
3) Install Optional Forge Mods, GLSL Shaders Mod and GLSL Shader Packs
If your computer and video card are powerful enough and you wish to push Minecraft’s rendering to the most realistic rendering possible then install the optional GLSL Shaders Mod along with the desired GLSL Shader Packs. While other shader packs may work, the suggested pack in the following instructions has been tested with the Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack in Minecraft 1.7.10 on Mac OS X (Yosemite & El Capitan) and works with all the advanced features of the texture pack. Some other shaders may not display the translucent fire/smoke/rain/snow/water/glass properly.
- Download Shaders Mod Version v2.3.31 for Minecraft 1.7.10 Forge Edition from the Shaders Mod Download Page.
- On Mac OS X, hold down the Option (alt) key and select Go->Library from the top menubar.
- Copy or move the ShadersModCore-v2.3.31-mc1.7.10-f.jar file that you downloaded into the ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods/ folder. (Create the “mods” folder if not already there.)
- Download the BSL Medium version 42 Shader from the BSL Shaders Download Page.
(While other shaders may work, this version of this shader works on Mac OS X and renders most of the advanced features of the Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack properly. BSL High version 41 also works. The only problem I noticed is a glitch on the stained glass if the sky is viewed behind it. Higher and/or newer versions of this shader don’t appear to work on Mac OS X properly. They generated errors when run. Perhaps that will be fixed in a future release.)
- Copy or move the BSL Medium v42.zip file that you downloaded to the ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/shaderpacks/ folder. (Create the “shaderpacks” folder if not already there.)
- Launch Minecraft with the MCPatcher profile and click on the Options… button, then the Shaders… button and select BSL Medium v42.zip from the Shaders menu.
- Then download and install the resource pack, Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack if you haven’t already, and have fun playing Minecraft with a whole new high res realistic look!
License – Permitted Uses & Restrictions
------------------------------------------------ Sensei & Son HD128 Minecraft Texture Pack by SenseiMS & guigee, Michael & MJ Scaramozzino http://DreamLight.com/minecraft/ ------------------------------------------------ TM & (C) 2015 DreamLight.com All Rights Reserved ------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------ LICENSE ------------------------------------------------ By downloading and/or using the Sensei & Son texture pack you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. All content within the texture pack and on the texture pack's web site (DreamLight.com/minecraft/) is copyright DreamLight Incorporated and not in the public domain. All rights reserved. --------------- PERMITTED USES: Provided that you have downloaded the Sensei & Son texture pack from the one official source, http://DreamLight.com/minecraft/, you may: • You may use the texture pack with your purchased copy of Minecraft for free, though donations are encouraged if you wish to see updates/upgrades to the texture pack in the future. • You may create screenshots and/or videos of Minecraft using the texture pack. Though not required, credit and/or a link to the official source of the texture pack would be very much appreciated. • You may link to the one official source of the texture pack: http://DreamLight.com/minecraft/ ------------- RESTRICTIONS: The following uses are strictly prohibited: • You may NOT redistribute or post the texture pack or any portions of it for use or download at any other location, website, multiplayer server or other source. Please just link to the one official source: http://DreamLight.com/minecraft/ • You may NOT modify, edit or include the texture pack or any portions of it in any way, including to create derivative works, future updates or your own texture packs. (You may override any of the textures in this texture pack with your own textures by creating your own texture pack that you may use in combination with this texture pack taking advantage of Minecraft's multiple resource pack stacking. If you wish to distribute your own texture pack and have users use your texture pack in combination with this texture pack, simply create and distribute your own texture pack with just your own textures. You may NOT include this texture pack or any portions of it with your texture pack, but you MAY include a link to the one source of this texture pack, http://DreamLight.com/minecraft/, if you wish it to be used in combination with your texture pack.) -------- CONTACT: If you have any questions about the permitted use of this texture pack please email us at: info@DreamLight.com Thank you for your interest in our Sensei & Son texture pack, for your understanding and continued support. ------------- OFFICIAL URL: The following is the only official URL for the Sensei & Son texture pack. Short link: http://DreamLight.com/minecraft/ Full link: https://dreamlight.com/shop/sensei-and-son-hd128-minecraft-texture-pack/